Whilst we are still in the middle of winter, it is lovely to see that our days are starting to lengthen – apparently by 2 minutes per day! Now is a good time to start planning your garden for the new season ahead, while also keeping on top of the usual jobs that can be done on nice dry, sunny days. Don’t forget to recycle your Christmas tree if you have not already done so.
Other January gardening jobs include:
- Getting your greenhouse ready for the new season by giving it a good clean and cleaning all your pots and trays too
- Prune apple and pear trees
- Continue to put out food and water for birds and other wildlife
- Plan what trees and shrubs you would like to plant this year
- Continue to clear any leaves
- Bare root and rootball trees and shrubs can still be planted
- Keep your weeding under control as they are starting to appear!
If you are looking for inspiration for ideas on planting trees and shrubs in your garden this year, or further help with January gardening jobs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are always very happy to assist with all your gardening questions.